Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My New Fragrance

Noir: "black", "suggestive of danger"
Vanilla: a tropical, climbing orchid of the genus vanilla bearing a pod-like fruit yielding an extract used for flavoring food, perfume, etc.


This new fragrance collection from Bath and BodyWorks is completely captivating. Entering a mall during the Holidays and in the middle of a buy 3 get 3 free sale is nearly a show of insanity. But, there I was... surrounded by far too many choices. Too many fragrances can leave a person dizzy, especially considering the accidental lotion splatters to my nose and the fact that I cannot clear "the palette" with coffee beans. I avoided the citrus fruit, "happy" fragrances that act as an assault against my senses. I walked toward Coconut and tempting titles like "P.S. I love you" until I found this one and couldn't get enough of it.

Noir may be criminally dangerous in the French cinema, but who wouldn't be hypnotized with notes like these: madagascar vanilla, black plum, dark berries, bergamot, gardenia, carnation, tuberose, whipped toffee, cinnamon, cashmeron, sandalwood, and musk?! I honestly had to look it up because I couldn't have distinguished all of the scents individually on my own. Vanilla Noir is a beautiful recipe and I hope it's available to purchase for a looooooonnng time.

1 comment: