Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bomb Scare at the Courthouse

Someone left a backpack alone just inside the door.  They probably wanted to see what would happen.  Did they know they would congest the traffic for three blocks in four directions for several hours?  Did they know I would flee to the north, uphill toward the capital, passing the bed and breakfast I dream of lounging in, the Capital Bldg. where I first tasted of the power of a single voice, the square house whose glass block windows make me think of what I would build if the money were in the bank, and the smiley face tennis ball as large as my car?  Did they know I would smile on the way home from the memories and the cleverness of turning north having the insider scoop from the office fireball in red reading glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment