Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wounded Dog

Today, it seems as though everyone is talking about that "unspeakable" thing that happened ten years ago on the morning of today.  Even Sunday football commentators waxed poetic about remembering those who sacrificed their freedom by "relaxing while playing football."  ...I don't know if that is just obnoxious or just American... maybe it is both.

Today, my kidneys and are are locked in battle again.  It has been days and nights of constant, stabbing pain.  The knife in my back from the betrayals experienced literally coming through to me under my own skin.  I snarled at someone I love today when I didn't have any more words and it was a burden to keep speaking, to keep defining my own boundaries.  It is easier to live with this pain when it comes and goes, stabbing quickly through by back and sides.  The constant pressure is exhausting.

I could take the time to list and wax metaphorical the various battles these two ladies face -- myself and my nation -- but I don't really identify with the country of my birth as presented on the news channels and the psuedo-historical books of the world any more than I do the woman others see me as and some merciful part of my body is calling me back into sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment