Friday, July 5, 2013

Adventures in Feminine Hygiene

A recent Russian Tampax commercial demonstrates their "leak proof" technology by having the other girl eaten by a shark. If you're a girl, you know there are a lot of choices when it comes to making sure you're covered when facing the "sharks" of this world who will eat you alive over embarrassing leaks.  What you might not consider is your very own busy brain.

I know I didn't...

Once upon a time, I brought some reading, a chair, some water, and the camera.  All these things made it quite clear that I had no plans of getting in the lake to swim with my children.  It's one of my very most favorite things in life, but there I was on a spontaneous trip to our favorite swimming spot wearing a pad and not a tampon.  I was not going in. 

Until hubby decided he wasn't going in either.  What?! We have two small, non-swimmer children wearing floaties out there.  Come on.  I was so concerned about their safety, I completely forgot about my little "situation" and dove in.  The good news?  Pad technology has seriously come a long way in the past few decades -- no falling apart, bloated, floating pieces. The bad news?  Realizing I didn't have any replacement equipment in my purse and there was no way I was going to sit in the car wearing this thing.

What could I do?  Well, there's always the Business section of The New York Times...

No comments:

Post a Comment