Tuesday, December 21, 2010

At First Site by none other than the GREAT Nicholas Sparks

Okay.  I knew four pages in that this was not going to be my favorite book.  So why finish?  Why torture myself with stuff I don't like?  Well... in this case, it was research.  I thought I'd see what exactly the formula for that million $$ best seller reads like.  I only need one, right?  Except, it was page 162 before I read a line that was a good line.  Not a quotable outside of the context line, but one that held a decent metaphor for the situation using only a ceiling fan and the empty air. 
     The great thing about reading this book is that I suddenly found myself urgently needing to write something I could read.  And that's a good thing.
     For anyone looking for more than this about the man or his books go visit his website.  It's as pretty to look at as he is if you like that candy coated sort of thing.  http://www.nicholassparks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment