Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snowball Fights and Parenting

Today, the snow fell wet and almost rain.  I wrapped a ball in my gloved hands and took it inside the house, sneaking up the stairs... THWACK!!... The first snowball flew directly on target, skimming past the nose of a teenaged visitor (one of my eldest daughter's best friends) and smack onto the red dining room wall behind her... THWACK!! The second snowball was off smacking my daughter on the forearm.  Oh, honey!  That was supposed to be a warning shot!  I squealed and ran to the other room as she chased me into the kitchen clutching remnant snow to fling at me.  The laughter was wonderful.  The spontaneity just what we needed.
     Her friend, too shocked to laugh yet said, "My mom would NEVER let us do that."  My daughter responded, "Well, my mom is NOT like other moms."
     I'm thinking that's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you know you're never supposed to apologize??? you just make your shots and run for the next hill of ammo.

    ReplyDelete