Monday, April 25, 2011

Ananda Balasana - Happy Baby Pose

Deep Breath.
Lie down on your back.
With bent knees, bring your ankles above your stomach.
Hold the bottoms of your feet with open hands.
Spread your legs (remember, babies need room for diapers).
Relax your hips.
Roll a little.
Feel the play as your body relaxes into bliss...ananda.

Another description of the happy baby pose

The past week was all sorts of stressful.  Saturday night, after writing and writing, to vent my frustrations, I found myself prompted into the Happy Baby pose while praying.  I don't know what it is about this pose.  Maybe, it is the absolute vulnerability of it.  Unless you are completely stiff in your legs, there is no strength required.  It is a gentle stretch.  On my back, rolling my legs gently as babies do, I cannot stop myself from smiling.  Is it my own baby memories?  Or memories of watching my little ones do this very thing, untaught.  I feel my heart, throat, and head open wide and all is forgotten...except the bliss of exhistence.  I am.  Ananda.

No comments:

Post a Comment