Sunday, July 17, 2011

That's Distracting

There was a brand new family in church today with a cute little boy who kept turning around to flirt with one of my little girls.  Of course she leaned in closer for the attention.  I sat her back on the seat a couple of times because his mommie was asking him to turn around and be still saying, "Let's help him listen to his mommie."  But, you know, repetition in all things...

When his daddie returned from his Almighty Priesthood duties, Princess and Mr. Cutie Pie were in flirt mode again.  Just as I put my arms around her to tug her back into the bench seat, I could hear him whisper, "Will you move her back.  She's being really distracting."

Why thanks.  I hadn't noticed.

About ten seconds later, daddie was mock leading the music with a little girl sitting in front of them.  Of course this wasn't distracting.  A minute after that, he was talking to his wife about some such something that was too important to wait for after the meeting or to write down.  Nope, that was not distracting.

Later, when Princess laughed out loud with glee and gave me a high five for being able to read the 14-lettered silly word she'd carefully spelled out in all caps BEFREBOOLEFRBS backward, I just smiled and stared at the speaker knowing we weren't being distracting one bit.

1 comment:

  1. He's never had a strong grasp on tact. The only way to find a completely silent sacrament meeting is to attend a singles ward. But I'll take a family ward any day (especially with you and your munchkins.)

    ReplyDelete