Monday, October 17, 2011

Cleaning to the Corners

It's autumn time and this post could be about cobwebs, but it isn't.  Lately, I have felt myself struggling to make check marks on the calendar and, per the usual "mom-is-on-the-back-burner," I have spent less and less time within myself spiritually.

Yesterday, I'd had enough. 

I could feel the spiritual grime...the anger, frustration, hormones, fear, uncertainty, bitterness...all of it seeping down my walls and creaping up and out from floor to ceiling.  It was 11:00 pm.  I was lying in bed.  My husband had shared a brand new skeleton from his family's closet (not his own, he'd only just been told himself) and I lost it.  I was so angry and afraid that somehow this would become a part of our story that I said some things that should never be said.  Then, while I heaved in and out for breath trying to calm down and sleep, I knew exactly what I needed to do -- the calm was instantaneous.

I walked upstairs, found a candle, lit it and walked from room to room calling on the powers of my Creator with all of my faith to clean each room to the corners, to give it purpose, light, and peace.  My prayers were powerful and personal, but, when I was done -- there was no darkness left within the walls of our home besides that which night itself brings.  Even my husband felt differently when I was done.

We underestimate who we are and what power we have over our own spheres.  Rise up priestesses.  Bring peace and power and light to your lives.  Do it physically and spiritually as one being.  Use a ritual if it helps you to feel your own strength.  Bring a candle or burn incense, move your arms to direct the energy if you do not yet know how to trust in stillness.

I have never blessed my home this way.  I know that my sphere will never be the same because I have and will continue to do so.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO amazing!! I'm tingling all over with goosebumps. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I think sometimes we all need to "clean house" and kick the world out! Love you! I am glad your house is feeling cleaner!

    ReplyDelete