Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Symbology of Symbols

Yesterday, I was informed that my "house cleansing" was a very Wiccan thing to do.  Apparently, I even grabbed the "right" color of candle to do it with.

First, I will say that symbols only become such to someone who has attached a meaning to it.  This works for everything from burning incense to obscene hand gestures.

Secondly, if you are reading this, you should know that my religious beliefs are what are commonly known in the media as "Mormon".  This means I am a seeker of all truth and light in all places and forms that I may find it.  The fact that I intuitively knew a truth that has been handed down and given another name does not surprise me because I have done this before.

Lastly, I have observed that there are as many interpretations of truth as there are degrees of glory. This is why agency is a such a powerful gift and judgement such a waste of our time.  "Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment