Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hot Chocolate

One of my coworker friends brought me the gift of Starbucks cocoa in a can so tall there are probably 18 ounces in it.  Holy WOW.  Makes me wish I didn't have to skirt 10 feet around every Starbucks in the vicinity to avoid passing out or throwing up from the coffee smell...can you imagine what would happen to me if I went INSIDE?! 

Anywhoo...I just got cocoa on my nose and felt all sorts of little girl giggly inside.  I love a good rainstorm (even one that is cold enough to keep snow around its edges) and I'm learning to love the parts of my job that allow me to get to know the people here in the office.  I really love when I go home and Sam-man wakes up from his too late nap to snuggle on my lap for as long as I'll let him.  Last night, that was a long time.  I didn't even get up to finish dinner or wash dishes and there is still flea and tic powder (yes, the dog has flees) to vacuum out of the carpet. 

I promise I won't become a slob (the smell is too distracting), but for now, I'll keep the chocolate on my nose, thanks, and waif for the boss to wonder if he's hired a brown-noser.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Nothing better than hot chocolate on a cold day. May we find all forms of hot chocolate in our often cold lives.

    ReplyDelete